Forms in Netscape

Subject: Forms in Netscape
From: Larry Hoffenberg <softwareconsultant -at- HOME -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 22:53:01 -0600

Hi all,

Anyone seen anything like this?:

I've got a forms page that displays properly in IE4.0/5.0 but in Netscape 4.5, all the form field text boxes are displayed way too large. For example, there is a month field that I've set to 2 characters in width (It's also validated with a max and min length of 2.) When viewed in Netscape, the field box shows enough space for about 6 characters. The validation rule does work because you can only enter 2 characters in the box. The problem is that it looks awful and awkward because of all that extra dead white space in the box.

If you want to check it out, the page is at http://209.35.104.110/reservationform.htm

The form fields are in a table (for alignment purposes) within the form, and I'm using FP2K (so far so good :-) ), if any of this matters.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks,

href="">softwareconsultant -at- home -dot- com
eFax