Re: The Telecommuting Myth and ignorant remarks

Subject: Re: The Telecommuting Myth and ignorant remarks
From: MAGGIE SECARA <SECARAM -at- MAINSAVER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:17:43 -0700

I guess I just don't expect my essential being to be tapped at work. As much
as I enjoy what I do for a living, and as lucky as I am to be able to do it,
it's only part of my life.

Cheers!

Maggie Secara
secaram -at- mainsaver -dot- com

The English Renaissance is alive at
http://ren.dm.net

<large snip>

> But it
> doesn't tap my essential being the way that a team does.
>
> Further references: The Cathedral and the Bazaar (search for
> it, I've lost
> the URL, but it's all over the Web); and *Built to Last* by
> Collins and
> Porras.
>
> Tim Altom
> Simply Written, Inc.
> Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar Method(TM)
> "Better communication is a service to mankind."
> 317.562.9298
> http://www.simplywritten.com
>

> >Barry wrote:
> >
> >> No my friends, if you want to be part of the team, you
> gotta be there
> >with
> >> your teammates.
> >
> >Folks, this is a completely untrue and, if I may say so, arrogant
> >statement. Barry does not know what he is talking about.
> >
> >--Suzanne Townsend (team teleworker for over 3 years)

> Find additional TECHWR-L resources at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=