Re: Pattern Matching

Subject: Re: Pattern Matching
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:13:29 -0500

At 09:23 AM 7/12/99 -0400, Kim Young wrote:
>I am trying to get Word to search for a string of characters that begin
>with
>"IDHC_", select the entire string, and then make this string hidden. I
have
>tried to use the Word "beginning of word" specifier with no luck.
>
>For example, I've used "<(IDHC_)" but Word selects only "IDHC_" and not
the
>remainder of the characters that follow in the string. I've tried
inserting
>an asterisk in various places in the search command, but nothing I have
>tried selects the whole string.
>
>Is it me or this this not possible using the Search and Replace dialog
box?

For some reason, the asterisk in the "Use Wildcards" command can't be at
the end of the string (actually, it makes sense when you think about it).
If you put a space after your asterisk wildcard, that should solve your
problem.

--
"UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."
Beth Friedman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=