Re: problems embedding fonts in PowerPoint

Subject: Re: problems embedding fonts in PowerPoint
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 23:23:41 -0500

At 08:35 PM 7/13/99 -0700, Linda Michaels wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>A couple of weeks ago, I asked if there was a way to embed fonts in
>PowerPoint so they would display properly on both PC and Mac platforms. As
>suggested, I selected File > Save As, and checked "embed Truetype fonts,"
>but when I tested my presentation, the font still did not display
properly.
>(I created and tested the presentation on two separate PCs.)
>
>I double-checked the font (Amazone BT) to make sure it was TrueType, and
it
>is.
>
>Any ideas?

That's not likely to work cross-platform -- fonts from a Mac file should
display on Macs, and PC files on PCs. If you need true cross-platform
display, I suggest going to PDF.

If cross-platform issues aren't the problem, I suggest calling Microsoft
tech support.

--
"UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."
Beth Friedman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=