Re: Desperately seeking employment...

Subject: Re: Desperately seeking employment...
From: Kimberly <JKWilson -at- CONCENTRIC -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 00:13:08 -0400

Excellent suggestions, Suzette!

Let me add...

Look hard into your past experience as well: likely somewhere, somehow,
especially if you have worked at all, you have already been doing some
writing on a semi-professional level. When I wanted to make the switch to
TWing, I pointed out the grant applications I had assisted with for a
charity I volunteered in, the employee performance reviews I wrote for my
burger-flipping subordinates, the training materials I prepared for the
same burger-flipping job, and the departmental reports I wrote for one of
my customer service McJobs. Think hard: surely you have done some writing,
somewhere, besides papers for class assignments. If you haven't, start now!

I agree with allAt 04:39 PM 7/13/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Beth Davy wrote:
>> so, any suggestions on how to get said experience,
>
>* Do some volunteer work - create a handbook for a local charity
>* Write a handbook about a hobby of yours, to illustrate talent and potential
>* Check out the local STC mentoring program
>>
>> about to throw my hands up in despair and return to the restaurants
>
>I don't want to hear any more about technical writing vs. burger flipping :-)
>
>Suzette Seveny
>Markham, Ontario, Canada
>sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
>DISCLAIMER:
>Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
>Feel free to have your own.
>Let's agree to disagree
>But Please - Don't Flame Me.
>
>Work is a fine thing --
>If it doesn't take too much of your spare time.
>
>From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=