Re: HTMLhelp vs. WinHelp (was Do users really like the format of HTML...

Subject: Re: HTMLhelp vs. WinHelp (was Do users really like the format of HTML...
From: Nancy McDonald <mcdonan1 -at- NATIONWIDE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 14:42:03 -0400

Michael,

you haven't distinguished between compiled HTML Help and web-browser version.
They are two, and different. I have been working with it, well, more
around it.... Compiled HTML Help was the medium chosen by the software
vendor for this new system being built, and all they want me to do is
create the Word files after which the software developers want to
compile. Our Help files will not be web-based, but arise from the Help
button on the individual screens they are building.

BTW, I've been reading Seve Wexler's"Official Microsoft HTML Help Authoring Kit"
which has been a FAR greater help to me than the developers here who want
to compile. I recommend reading it. They (developers) have never seen
this book, which I myself purchased. (I won't even explain the worms
coming from this can!)

Nancy McDonald

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=