Bold or not bold...that is the question

Subject: Bold or not bold...that is the question
From: Susana Rosende <SRosende -at- THEFUND -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 14:31:44 -0400

I've been assigned the task of editing our product's training guide. The
procedure commands are currently in quotes. The format doesn't look good
because the original writer placed all punctuation outside the quotes,
fearing that the users would otherwise include the comma or period when
keying information.

I thought of using bold, but the window names, tab names, field names,
button names, and icon names are all bold Ariel. Now, I would be adding the
text to be keyed in, as well. (The body text is Times Roman.)

Does anyone have any suggestions besides bold or italics to set apart the
text to be typed? The only other solution I've thought of is using a larger
point size, but then the text would be confused with the headers, which are
_also_ bold Ariel and larger font.

I'm using FrameMaker. All suggestions welcome.

Susana Maria Rosende
Sr. Tech Writer
Attorneys' Title Insurance Fund
Orlando, FL 32822