As an employer... (job requirements)

Subject: As an employer... (job requirements)
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:56:19 -0400

I have the right to ask for any job requirement I want. If I want to demand
that all applicants have six toes on each foot and a PhD in Advanced Nuclear
Engineering, I have that right. If you do not like what a company asks for -
DON'T APPLY FOR THE JOB.

Many companies use degree requirements because it filters out drek. However,
in reality, nobody gives a damn what certificates you have on your wall as long
as you sell yourself and skills well.

The only exception is you cannot require anything that discriminates on the
basis of sex, religion, race, disability, age, sexual preference, etc.
Nevertheless, as I understand the EEO laws, it is still very legal to
discrimminate on the basis of stupidity.

Andrew Plato
President / Principal Consultant
Anitian Consulting, Inc.
www.anitian.com