Re: "Guided Tour" - Preferred tool?

Subject: Re: "Guided Tour" - Preferred tool?
From: Kate O'Neill <kateo -at- CINEBASE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:54:57 -0700

Comments inline below.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: joe malone [SMTP:joe -at- MANAGE -dot- COM]
> Subject: "Guided Tour" - Preferred tool?

[...] Any suggestions on how to get started? Hire a consultant? Take
a class?
> Just take a guided tour or two for other products? Buy some must-have
> software?
[O'Neill, Kate] Yes. To all of the above. :-)

Seriously, though, the first thing I would do, in your shoes,
would be what you suggested: to take "a guided tour or
two for other products."

Then, depending on the time available, I would proceed by
either figuring out what technologies I wanted to use and
acquiring appropriate tools, or by hiring a contractor to do
it. Even if I hired a contractor, though, I would want to be
closely involved in the project so I'd learn how to do it. But
that's just a personal preference.

At any rate, good luck!

--
Kate O'Neill: Manager of Documentation