Table control limits in Word?

Subject: Table control limits in Word?
From: Ed Gregory <edgregory -at- HOME -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 23:12:26 -0500

Pardon this Word tech question, but I've been trying for days to find an
answer both on and off line.
We are delivering Word forms via the intranet. Users can print and fax or
mail. They can complete the forms online and email them.
The preferred mode is to complete them online.
HOWEVER, I cannot find a way to protect a form field from growing
vertically and blowing our carefully crafted form to smithereens.
Access and Excel both let you control what the enter key does in a cell.
However, in Word tables, even protected forms, the enter key simply makes
the current cell deeper.

Is there a solution Word solution?

Thanks,

Ed Gregory