Re: Creating Cool:Plex application help

Subject: Re: Creating Cool:Plex application help
From: David Castro <thetechwriter -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:46:09 -0400

Well I never thought I'd see this on the list! I am a technical writer for
Sterling (formerly Synon), who makes COOL:Plex (formerly Obsydian).

The included WinHelp-creation tool is pretty rudimentary, and we definitely
recommend that you use a third-party application. My coworker wrote a guide on
how to use a third-party tool. I'll make sure that she sees this post, so she
can send you a copy of it.

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
thetechwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com

--- Debbie Robbins <Debbie_Robbins -at- SIECOR -dot- COM> wrote:
> Have any of you used Cool:Plex to develop application help files? I am
> starting a project that consists of approximately 30 applications that are
> integrated into one large application and this was done using Cool:Plex. I
> do know that text is created using RTF files and that for each existing
> .exe file, Cool:Plex has a compiler that creates the .hlp files.
>
> If you have developed any Cool:Plex application help files, I would
> appreciate any input as to planning and implementing in order to prevent
> the biggest pit falls and hurdles.
>
> Can I use RoboHTML or another 3rd party HAT to create application help (Win
> or HTML help) rather than the Cool:Plex compiler???
>
> BTW, this is my first application online help project and would appreciate
> any input. Please respond directly, because I am on digest mode! Thanks to
> you all.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=