Re: Importing Corel files into Frame

Subject: Re: Importing Corel files into Frame
From: Randall Larson-Maynard <randall -dot- larson-maynard -at- IND -dot- ALSTOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:14:50 -0700

Snip>
I have a file originally created in CorelDraw I'm trying unsuccessfully
to import into FrameMaker. I saved the CDR as a PDF, but I'm not
familiar with Acrobat Reader. I can view it in Acrobat, but I'm
getting an Unknown file type message in Frame. The message asks what
I'm converting from and when I select Corel the message states:
"The filter encountered an error and could not complete the
translation."
Is there anyway (with or without Acrobat) to import these files into
the FrameMaker document?
<SNIP

I use CorelDraw (v 8.0) drawings quite often. You need to save them as v 7.0, or
lower, to import into Frame.

Also, to reduce the size of the graphic, adjust the page size to just slightly
larger than the graphic itself. If you leave the graphic page size at default
(8.5x11.0-in), you will import a huge file into Frame.

Randall Larson-Maynard
Technical Writer
Alstom Automation Schilling Robotics
Davis, CA, USA
randall -dot- larson-maynard -at- ind -dot- alstom -dot- com
www.schilling.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=