Re: Doing Save As

Subject: Re: Doing Save As
From: Randall Larson-Maynard <randall -dot- larson-maynard -at- IND -dot- ALSTOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:49:35 -0700

SNIP>
I have been requested to insert the following sentence by Development. It is
a description of the File, Save menu item:

Saves the task. If the task name is untitled, you cannot use this item until
you do a Save As and complete a standard Save As dialog box.
<SNIP

"Save the task. If the task is not named when Save is selected, you will need to
complete the Save As dialog box."

"Do a Save as," in my mind, is slang. Yes, I say it, but I wouldn't write it for
my users. Are your users able to understand this type of writing? Also, is
"task" the proper term? Do you mean "File"?

Randall Larson-Maynard
Technical Writer
Alstom Automation Schilling Robotics
Davis, CA, USA
randall -dot- larson-maynard -at- ind -dot- alstom -dot- com
www.schilling.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=