Re: Table control limits in Word?

Subject: Re: Table control limits in Word?
From: Beth Mason <beth -dot- mason -at- MANTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:17:02 -0400

Ed,
Have you considered using row formatting to do this? If you go to Table>Cell Height and Width, on the Row tab you can set the row height to Exactly a certain number of points. The users of your form would still be able to enter too much info, but it won't make your table expand, and when they see that their additional input is not visible, they will probably shorten their answer.

HTH,
Beth

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
Beth Champion Mason
Senior Technical Writer/Editor
ManTech Systems Solutions Corp.
(757) 938-9377

>>> Ed Gregory <edgregory -at- HOME -dot- NET> 07/21 9:16 PM >>>
I'm aware of that feature. However, each of those characters can be a
carriage return.

What I am looking for is a way to control the behavior of the ENTER key in
Word tables. I can control what the ENTER key does in an Excel cell and in
an Access field. Apparently, Word tables lack that feature.

We are in an environment that does not promote the use of macros. I'm only
beginning to play with Active X controls, but I've seen nothing yet that
will solve my Word tables problem.

Thanks for responding.

At 09:11 AM 7/21/99 -0500, Jo Baer wrote:
<SNIP>

In the Text Form Field Options dialog box (access by dobule-clicking on
>the form field) there is a Maximum Length list box. You can specify the
>maximum number of characters that users can enter. HTH.
>
>Jo
>&:-)
>
>Ed wrote:
>
>Snip
>
>I cannot find a way to protect a form field from growing
> vertically and blowing our carefully crafted form to smithereens.
>
>Snip

Ed Gregory
http://www.members.home.net/edgregory/search1.htm

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000