Audio Communication/Editing

Subject: Audio Communication/Editing
From: "H.Durstling" <sinico -at- NBNET -dot- NB -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 16:03:09 -0300

Hi Folks:

Surgeon-General's Warning: The following query concerns digital editing of
audio (voice, mainly). Please delete if off-topic.

Background is that I'm shortly going to be getting back into CBC Radio
freelancing after an eight year hiatus. The major technical change is that
sound is now recorded digitally and edited with a software called "DALET"
on which I am told to expect severe and merciless training.

Given digital flexibility it seems to me that I ought to be able to do this
editing at home on my PowerMAC (7200). Can any of you battle hardened
communicators out there recommend a shareware/freeware/bootleg/buyware
software package to do it with? Anything else I need that I don't know of?

Cheers & thanks
Hans Durstling
Moncton, Canada

Freelance writing. Feature stories, technical ad copy, clear manuals, bid
documents, simple english, videos, speeches. Email for publication and
client list.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=