Re: Word 97 > HTML

Subject: Re: Word 97 > HTML
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:26:05 -0700

Eilan Ng Kwan wrote:
>I am currently converting all of my client's Word 97 documents into HTML
>(using the Save As HTML option)...

HTML Transit is an excellent conversion tool. You build a template that
specifies how much of the document's formatting you want to maintain;
you can specify whether to take formatting from the document, don't
specify that formatting element, or always use a specific HTML tag.
You can even specify to begin a new page and each occurance of a
specific heading level. Additionally, you can specify that Transit
build a TOC and index based on headings and embedded tags.

Once your template is set up, conversion takes almost no time at all
and the HTML code is really clean.

-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com http://www.expersoft.com

The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate. --Douglas Adams

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=