Re: Hiring Justification

Subject: Re: Hiring Justification
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 14:14:48 -0700

At 02:04 PM 7/23/99 -0400, Virgil Jones wrote:

>I need to justify hiring a new writer...
>
>Has anyone ever faced this, if so how did you bring them around to your way
>of thinking?
>What is the best way to approach this?
>...a memo...doesn't seem
>strong enough. Any suggestions?

A memo is a start; think of it as your cover letter. Most project managers
eat, drink, and breath gantt charts, so open up Project or TimeLine or what-
ever project management software your company uses and scope out the upcoming
projects. One chart will show you as the lone writer with time lines
stretching
out well into the next century. The other chart or charts will add one writer
at a time or differentiate between the productivity of junior/intermediate/
senior writers until the documentation delivery schedule more closely matches
the company's production goals.

HTH!

-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com http://www.expersoft.com

The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate. --Douglas Adams

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=