Re: OT: Acrobat to ASCII or RTF

Subject: Re: OT: Acrobat to ASCII or RTF
From: Terry Barron <tbarron -at- SYSTEMS -dot- DHL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:01:42 -0700

Assuming you have the Acrobat Exchange 3.0 or Acrobat 4.0 commercial
software (not just the free Reader software), you can save a PDF as
text or RTF (though I find the RTF looks pretty strange).

>From the Exchange Menu, choose Edit -> Copy File to Clipboard.

Open your word processing program and paste the contents of the
clipboard into a document.

There are numerous 3rd party programs that extend Acrobat's
capabilities. I believe some of them can export PDF format to other
programs. You can find out more about these programs from
www.pdfzone.com.

HTH,

Terry

"Brierley, Sean" wrote:

> Hallo:
>
> Sorry if this has been posted before--a quick search of the archives
> revealed no answers.
>
> Can I create an ASCII text file or RTF from a PDF file?
>
> What do I need to do so?
>
> Can you recommend third-party tools to do this?
>
> Any of them free?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=