Re: raises

Subject: Re: raises
From: Kathleen Holscher <kholscher -at- NSISW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 09:52:52 -0500

<snip from Susana>
I received a good review but received what I consider to be a
lousy raise -- 4%.

<snip from Jane>
I think you actually got the average raise for a good review. If you did
poorly, you wouldn't get a raise at all. The average worker would probably
have to fight to get a raise that keeps up with inflation.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I haven't worked for a company where any
employee, even the terrible ones, have to fight to keep up with inflation.
It is frustrating to know that a coworker received a poor review but a raise
equal to or above inflation. There is no incentive to improve performance.
What I don't know can't hurt me and I wish I didn't know. In my opinion, I
don't think 4% is an average (or acceptable) raise for a good review.

Kathleen

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=