Re: What are these things called?

Subject: Re: What are these things called?
From: Christi Carew <infinity -at- YOURHEAD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 09:23:17 -0700

Jillian:

This is how I understand your question from a documented view (let me know
if I'm wrong).

Choose ShowWindow from the Named menu.
A window appears with five tabs.
Click the NewName tab.

Is this what a user does and sees?
If so, I would just call them tabs.
Such as the Print tab, Save tab, etc. in the MS Word Preferences window.

Christi C.

>I am writing a help system for a bespoke piece of software. If you click on
>a menu item, you get a screen with many file folder tabs for each section.
>What do I call them? MS manual of style has them in their Mac screen
>terminology, but they don't bother to label them.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Jillian Flanagan-McAvoy
>Technical Writer
>
>From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==