Re: Writing a coursebook

Subject: Re: Writing a coursebook
From: wallace stokes <eirdr -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:28:54 PDT

I've used MS Publisher in the method suggested by Scott to accomplish the
results you are looking for. Works pretty good once you get it started but
don't be suprised if you end up with a lot of blank pages to maintain layout
integrity.

From: Scott Havens <SHavens -at- ELCOTEL -dot- COM>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:39:54 -0400

There are probably SW products out there that specifically address this
need. Lacking such a package, my first inclination would be to use
something like PageMaker. It might take a little setup work at first, but
you could fairly easily set up your graphics on RH pages, with text
continuing from LH page to LH page (or contained in an independent story on
each page, if you don't want it to flow any farther than that). We'll see
if anyone has a better suggestion, but this method at least would work.
Good luck!

SRH

> Does anyone know of a good tool for writing a coursebook, where the
> left-hand page contains conventional text, and the right-hand side
> contains
> the slides?
>
> We've tried to create something manually, using style sheets, with
> Interleaf and with Word, but the results are unsatisfactory.
>
> In Powerpoint, the only option is to use the Speaker's notes pages,
which
> displays the text below the slide.
>
> Any suggestions out there?
>
> Bob