Call for Proposals

Subject: Call for Proposals
From: Kathleen Yancey <kbyancey -at- EMAIL -dot- UNCC -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 23:26:48 -0400

Call for Proposals
Computers and Writing 2K

"Evolution, Revolution, and Implementation:
Computers and Writing for Global Change"

May 25-28, 2000 Fort Worth, TX
Hosted by Texas Womans University
Dene Grigar, Coordinator

At the CWC98 in Gainesville, FL, participants expressed a commitment to
reach out to business and industry, as well as other disciplines, to study
and address the evolving state of technology and the pedagogies and
philosophies underpinning it, to pursue projects that utilize computers
and/or writing in community service initiatives or global relations, and
to implement computer technology more practically in the classroom.

As a way to further this commitment to these issues, we seek presentations
that demonstrate new ways of thinking about and implementing computer
technology in our intellectual and personal lives; shape policy and
perceptions about the use of computer technology in the office, classroom,
and home; educate others about the effective and appropriate uses of
computer technology for teaching, learning, and research; promote
effective utilization of computer technology; demonstrate positive uses
of computer technology in contemporary society, such as community
building, knowledge-making, and the sharing of information; and actively
involve community and industry in Computers and Writing. Preference will
be given to presentations that utilize interactive methodologies and
encourage participant involvement.

Special tracks will be offered during the conference for people interested
in MOO Research, Feminism and Technology, Queer Studies, Publishing,
Communications Across the Curriculum, and Teaching with
Computers--K-College. Proposals are encouraged in any of these areas.
Information regarding special requirements for submitting proposals
for these strands can be found on our conference website.

Proposals are sought for onsite half and full day workshops held at the
conference hotel and online workshops held in TWUMOO. Additionally,
volunteers are sought for special Outreach Training Workshops (OTW) for
teachers in public education, K-12. Volunteers involved in OTW will be
expected to travel to local schools and provide one-on-one, hands-on
training for teachers in their classrooms and labs.

For more information, visit our website at
http://www.eaze.net/~jfbarber/cw2K/bridge.html, or contact Dene Grigar,
TWU, P.O. Box 425829, Denton, TX 76204; 940-898-2298; dene -at- eaze -dot- net;
fax: 214-553-7764.

Deadline date: October 15, 2000

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=