Re: Personality Types & TWriting

Subject: Re: Personality Types & TWriting
From: RAHEL A BAILIE <rbailie -at- NEWBRIDGE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 13:49:34 -0700

At http://www.meyers-briggs.com/ you can take a shorter version of the test
and
get lots of info about personality types, including lists of professions
ranked
according to type. (Writer is one of the top INTP professions, BTW.) My
partner
is a certified Meyers-Briggs consultant who explained to me the indicators
in a
user-friendly way. For example, it's not what you do but why you do it.
Making a
list is not indicative of personality type, but the reasons we do it are.
Some
personality types are persistent list-makers, the kind of people who
alphabetize
their cupboards, then post a list inside the door with all the cupboard
ingredients so they can cross off quantities as they use up the contents.
(Really. I know someone who does this. She made an excellent editor.)
Another
type detests making/using lists, but will resort to notes on the back of an
envelope during short-term memory failures. (A writer writer who excels at
"big
picture" issues.)

Catharine Strauss wrote:

> http://keirsey.com/