Re: Word does funny things with "Track Changes"

Subject: Re: Word does funny things with "Track Changes"
From: Mary McWilliams Johnson <mary -at- SUPERCONNECT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 22:36:16 -0500

A coworker sent a letter created in Word97 to someone by email. It was a
letter for his signature. The letter was created using a template - a
standard letter that she revised to suit the current situation.

The recipient received the letter and reported that he could see the old
letter as well as the revised letter. I guess he had turned on "track
changes."

But when my coworker turned on "track changes" and looked at the letter,
she didn't see any trace of the old letter.

What's going on here? How could the recipient see something the creator of
the letter couldn't see?

Cordially, Mary McWilliams Johnson
McJohnson Communications
Documentation / Web Site Design, Development and Graphics
http://www.superconnect.com
We make a living by what we get.
We make a life by what we give.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=