Re: Paying for the listserv

Subject: Re: Paying for the listserv
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- INTERACCESS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:32:48 -0500

Jeff Harvey wrote:
<snip>While I was in grad school, one of my professors
>required that we sign up for Techwr-L. What a great move! I learned more
>about the "real world" of tech writing, and really got a feel for the
field.

>If payment had been required, there's no way I could have had the
>experience.
<snip>

Maybe part of the solution is to have financial support for the list from
those institutions that require students to subscribe. While a free server
is
a nice idea, I think those of us that use the list should contribute to keep
it going. Further, I do believe that $5 or $10 is a piddling amount
compared
to the value we've all garnered from the list. And if someone can't afford
that little amount, or isn't willing to financially support the list, well,
too bad.

just mho

jarnopol

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=