Re: TW impaired CW and not pissing the SME off

Subject: Re: TW impaired CW and not pissing the SME off
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 12:00:14 -0700

Kat, you got that right.

Every time a SME comes to me with some crack-pot out of scope idea of how I
can do something faster and with less effort - like coping and pasting text
from an old paper tape system - I smile thank them for their great time
saving idea, and then return to my work.

I have found that the first time you say "you idiot! cretin! Get out of my
cubicle!" you slam the door shut on any future help.

Besides, some of the most crack-pot ideas actually do work.

You just never know...

Barry Kieffer, Not cutting and pasting from paper tape.

> I run into this situation a lot. I used to argue, as you did, that it
> wasn't necessary/appropriate. Now, I just take the electronic file, say
> thank you, and get on with the job. Saves a lot of time and aggravation
> <smile>.
> Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting Services

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=