Re: pagination

Subject: Re: pagination
From: Bev Lockhart <bl -at- SEATTLELAB -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 13:44:05 -0700

Dmason -at- squirrel wrote:
>I am experiencing problems trying to paginate my document. I am paginating
>an Appendix A, so I want page numbers A-1 through A-13 to appear on the
>outside corner of my pages. So far odd pages are OK, but even pages appear
>with the page no. inside the footer box. How can I move these page nos.
>over.

Is there anything else in the footer box? If not, I would delete the
footer and use the insert|page number. I would also look at my file|page
setup|margins and make sure "mirror margins" is selected.

Are you saying that on a left page, the numbers are outside the footer box,
whereas on the right page they are *inside* the footer box? (Did you
accidentally tweak the size of the footer box on the right page?) Did you
try playing with "Same as Previous?"

Actually, I would never double-click on the bottom of the page to bring up
the footer box and put page numbers in that way, because I have fought and
fought Word over pagination in the past. For some reason I haven't been
having that problem lately, however. My big deal is trying to keep page
numbers off the first 7 pages or so, and the only way to do that is to keep
putting in section breaks. yuck. In't Word wonderful?

(I have actually spent an hour and a half on the phone with Micros*** T.S.
over this, and in the end they just threw up their hands and said that my
document was corrupted. I finally made it work. But it doesn't work
consistently. Wierd.))

TBQH, I gave up on putting page numbers on the outside corners and now
center them instead. But I'm not using footers. My motto is "Keep it
simple, stupid" and clean, too.

Good luck!

~~~~~Bev Lockhart, Doc Editor, Seattle Lab

Dmason -at- squirrel wrote:
>I am experiencing problems trying to paginate my document. I am paginating
>an Appendix A, so I want page numbers A-1 through A-13 to appear on the
>outside corner of my pages. So far odd pages are OK, but even pages appear
>with the page no. inside the footer box. How can I move these page nos.
>over.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=