Re: AW: flow diagrams

Subject: Re: AW: flow diagrams
From: "Miller, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Miller -at- ANHEUSER-BUSCH -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 17:10:09 -0500

Steve:

This is some good advice. I use Visio as well. I'm currently creating a
series
of diagrams to describe a large packaging automation system.

The issue I have with Visio is that the symbol help is extremely generic. I
know that they aren't in the business to teach flowcharting methods,
however,
they don't provide a great deal of explanation or examples for using their
generic symbols. I'm kinda (for better or worse) creating my own diagram
methodology for this project. I couldn't find an existing methodology that
provided a "vertical" presentation of my system (process to interface to
dataflow) with common symbols linking the diagrams. I am pretty dependant
on
their generic symbols. You know, the ones with very little help support.

Visio is a good tool, but you'll need a good book to go with it.

Lisa Miller
Technical Writer
lisa -dot- miller -at- anheuser-busch -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=