Visio Question(s)

Subject: Visio Question(s)
From: "Miller, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Miller -at- ANHEUSER-BUSCH -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:34:31 -0500

TECHWR -Ls:

I am diagramming a rather large system using Visio. The diagrams have
turned
out to be very labor intensive. In other words, they are taking longer to
develop then I had originally estimated.

I'm working with my manager to consider delivery options other than
presenting
them through a help system. Help system delivery requires that I convert
the
Visio diagrams to .wmf, place them in the help system as a graphic, hot spot
the
graphic, and then compile (RoboHelp) the system. This means that the
diagrams
must be at least 80% accurate prior to conversation.

My manager and I both feel that the expertise of our audience would allow us
deliver less than 100% accurate diagrams in order to get audience feedback
on
diagram usability and technical content. I've given my audience the Visio
files
with limited linking between diagrams, but I would like to provide something
little closer to the Winhelp 2000 interface that was the promised delivery
medium. I haven't found anything in Visio to do a "table of contents" or
remove
the stencils area to the left. I think the audience can overcome these
things,
but over the long term are there other options?

My questions are these:

What are my options to quickly present linked diagrams to my audience with
at
least some WinHelp capability, look/feel?

What tools are available to mass convert Visio diagrams from .vsd to .wmf or
.bmp?

Are there shortcuts available to import Visio files into a help system and
retain Visio links between the diagrams?

Thanks for your input.

Lisa Miller
Technical Writer
lisa -dot- miller -at- anheuser-busch -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=