Use of "You" in Documentation

Subject: Use of "You" in Documentation
From: "Norman, Mary" <Mary -dot- Norman -at- WESTGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:02:05 -0500

Hi Everyone -

Several days ago, our documentation team was having a
discussion about the use of "you" in our product guides. We agreed that
"you" really brings the user into the fold, but we were wondering if there
are some more formal rules about this usage that we could turn to...We have
already consulted the Microsoft Manual.

Thanks.

Mary Norman
Technical Writer