Re: Using voice/speech-recognition software

Subject: Re: Using voice/speech-recognition software
From: Jill Burgchardt <jburgcha -at- PESTILENCE -dot- ITC -dot- NRCS -dot- USDA -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:45:58 -0600

I use Dragon Naturally Speaking at home. It's okay, but it does take
significant
training of the software before it recognizes one's voice well.

Things I've noted:

1. When I have a cold it doesn't work as well.

2. Accuracy varies with different voices. My 15 year old daughter gets very
high accuracy. She has a very clear voice with excellent diction (singer).
It
also took her less time to train the software.

3. It handles the commands very well, mistakes are nearly always in the
text.

Jill Burgchardt
jburgchardt -at- pestilence -dot- itc -dot- nrcs -dot- usda -dot- gov

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=