Estimating a Project - A real lulu

Subject: Estimating a Project - A real lulu
From: temoore -at- BELLSOUTH -dot- NET
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 15:32:21 -0400

I had a client contact me yesterday to discuss doing a training manual.
I have exactly 8 days to finish the manual and get it to the printer.
Here are the details:

Rough text will be provided in handwritten format that will need to be
edited for consistency and grammar.
12 chapters totalling an estimated 100 pages.
120 screen shots provided in bitmap format.
Import screen shots into document and add callouts explaining items
contained on screen shot referencing instuctions.
Word template provided.
No index at this time.
Document must be done in Word (this is not negotiable to my client, so
please don't say Do it Framemaker!!!)

By my own personal estimates, this can't be done in 8 days. What do you
guys think? Have any of you had a similar deadline? What was your
experience and the result? Were you successful?

Thanks so much.

--
Tracey Moore

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=