Foot in the door...

Subject: Foot in the door...
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 08:36:09 -0600

> >Is there anyone out there who has some insight as to how to get
> >my foot in the door and still make a decent wage?

As George said, expect that your first job will not pay
particularly well--your employer will be assuming the
costs of your learning time and your mistakes, so that's
reasonable. That said, you can do much better very
quickly, if you learn from your mistakes and work at it.

I'd say, though, that with little experience, you don't
want to be contracting or working through a huge
"we need 38 bodies" agency. You want a group and boss
who will help you learn, let you make mistakes (as that's
how you'll learn), but not crucify you for the mistakes
nor let the mistakes embarrass you outside of the
"family".

Eric

Eric J. Ray ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com
UNIX Visual QuickStart Guide is "a superb book!"
Don't believe it? Check for yourself!
Find out more at http://www.raycomm.com/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=