Invisible Index

Subject: Invisible Index
From: Aoidìn Scully <ascully -at- FLEXICOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:15:31 +0100

Hi all,

I've just painstakingly marked index entries in Word 97 for an old doc
that didn't appear to have an index. When I went to compile the index,
however, I got a message asking if I 'wanted to replace the selected
index'. I clicked Yes and it appeared to compile, but then no index
appeared in the doc. I've tried it a few times now, to no avail. All my
index entries are still marked. I've tried deleting the last page, and
re-inserting it, butthat's had no effect.

Anyone have any idea what's happening? I'm at my wits end! As if indexes
weren't bad enough already...

TIA,

Aoidin

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=