Re: Portfolios and writing samples...

Subject: Re: Portfolios and writing samples...
From: Dan Roberts <DRoberts -at- ISOGON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:41:37 -0400

Title: RE: Portfolios and writing samples...

now think for a second.
you're on an interview, and the interviewer wants to see if you are worth your salt. Do you really want to sit around while the interviewer peruses your document/chapter in whatever detail she or he wants? And then if there are multiple stages to the interview, or multiple persons involved in interviewing you, you have to sit around some more while all these folks read your samples in whatever detail they need?

and who says that your portfolio must contain your most current project? probably you have earlier projects that have been made available to the public?

and what interviewer wants to read an entire doc/chapter (unless it's *very* short). Just give 'em 2-3 pages - that's probably enough to give them a sense of your capabilities.

Dan Roberts
droberts -at- isogon -dot- com