Re: India and tech. writing

Subject: Re: India and tech. writing
From: Guru Kamath <guru -at- BOM5 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 22:16:26 +0530

Hello all,

Greetings from India!

There was a question about Indian technical writers. Well, I am sure there
may be quite a few Indian technical writers on this list. I have been on
this list for a couple of years. I keep going No Mail when I travel (and
then forget to change the setting again).

David, we have a list called TWIN (Technical Writers of India) with 425
members in India and abroad. Most of the members are Indians and are from
India. The details of TWIN are at http://www.twin-india.com and the
archives of TWIN are at http://www.twin-india.com/list/tw-in (note hyphen).

David, we now have an India Chapter of STC (Society for Technical
Communication) with 18 members. The India Chapter website should be up
soon. I am the Chapter President and had a chance to visit the Cincinnati
Conference (which is when I went No Mail!) The India Chapter STC is
planning a conference on December 3-4, 1999 in Bangalore. We will send the
details to this list soon.

I take this opportunity to invite some of you to the TWIN-Mentor list. The
objective of the TWIN-Mentor list is to provide guidance to newbie technical
writers. Please visit http://www.egroups.com/list/twin-mentor. (To subscribe
send blank mail to twin-mentor-subscribe -at- egroups -dot- com -dot- Use unsubscribe in
address to unsuscribe. Send mail to twin-mentor -at- egroups -dot- com -dot- You do not have
to be a member to view or write to theis egroup.) While the queries are
mostly from Indian technical writers -- I'm sure anyone in the world should
be able to provide guidance. Thanks in advance.

I take this opportunity to thank Eric and Deb for their encouragement to me
and to the TWIN list.

Guru (guru -at- bom5 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in)
Founder and Listowner, TWIN

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=