Re: India and tech. writing

Subject: Re: India and tech. writing
From: Sabahat Ashraf <sabahat_ashraf -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:33:26 -0400

I think Guru is being modest by calling TWIN "a list". As you must have seen
from the website by now David, TWIN is now a full-blown Professional
Association, though it continues to be a killer discussion list, too. I find
the discussion list low-volume and to-the-point. The Association now has
chapters in most major metro areas -- especially that are significant from
the
IT point of view. We have an informal network for friends of TWIN Stateside,
which we are also in the process of tieing together into a chapter. You will
find that whether your questions relate to Indian writers in the States [get
in
touch with me or Guru for names to get in touch with in the major IT centers
in
North America and beyond -- we have members in South Africa, Europe ...], or
writers in India [check the website or ask Guru for local contacts in each
area], or more generally a tech writer's perspective of the IT industry in
India, TWIN is a good resource to get in touch with.

And if you want to consider moving to India and working, there's openings,
too.

SIA

--
[Sabahat Iqbal Ashraf]