Re: can you create table "styles" in MSword

Subject: Re: can you create table "styles" in MSword
From: David Chinell <dchinell -at- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 17:52:38 -0400

Ellen:

I'd love to find out there was a better solution
than mine, but the best I could figure out to do
was...

Define paragraph styles for the types of
paragraphs (cells) you want. For example: Table
Title, Table Headings, and Table Body.

Construct a typical table that has these styles in
place and has the table properties you want to
standardize, then make that table an AutoText
entry (in the Normal.dot template).

Your users can generate a starter table by
inserting this in their documents, or they can
convert most of an existing table using the
styles, then use your example to remind them how
to handle rules, etc.

Finally, although it's possible to set the white
space before a table by adjusting the Space Before
on your Table Title style, it's probably easier if
you design things so a blank Normal paragraph
before and after the table give it the right
amount of white space.

It seems stupid, but Word doesn't recognize a
table as an entity well enough to let you specify
the space before and after it.

Bear