Re: Does a Professional Tech Writer need to follow the Chicago nual of Style?

Subject: Re: Does a Professional Tech Writer need to follow the Chicago nual of Style?
From: Mary Paliotta <Mary -at- AMAREX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 18:29:31 -0400

Wouldn't everyone agree that applying rules which allow the author to be
precise (and eliminate various possibilities) with the meaning of the text
is the most important priority? And then after that question has been
addressed, on a secondary level, make style decisions based on consistency
etc. so that the text reads much more easily and clearer for your audience?

For me, I would say there is no question about this.

Mary