Re: Ligatures, fi fl

Subject: Re: Ligatures, fi fl
From: Lief Erickson <lerickson -at- MQSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:18:58 -0500

Title: RE: Ligatures, fi fl

Bernd Hutschenreuther wants to know about:

>this is a small issue, solved on MAC, but I do not know how to do it on PC.
>
>I want to use the fi and fl ligatures in some documentations, following the
>typographic style of the Chicago Manual of Style.

The reply:

FrameMaker uses the ANSI character set with a few exceptions. On Mac and UNIX, FrameMaker uses Adobe Postscript instead of ANSI. The fi and fl ligatures are not available for Windows. If you would the FrameMaker document on the Mac, the fi and fl ligatures will appear. On Windows, an underline appears in place of any character not available.

For more information, refer to character set guide in  ...\FrameMaker\omanuals\

Good luck!

-Lief Erickson
Sr. Technical Writer
MQSoftware, Inc