Re: Researching potential clients

Subject: Re: Researching potential clients
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:35:39 -0400

Hallo:

A German Website in Dutch? Hmmm, doesn't sound legit to me <g>.

I assume you have reviewed the job and are comfortable with it. Aside from
having the company pre-arrange your flight, car, and accommodations, ask for
part of your fees in advance. They might, of course, refuse due to paranoia
over you taking the money and not showing up . . ..

Seriously, what is the risk? You have the airfare beforehand. The worst that
happens is you get to spend some time in Frankfurt Flughafen. The next worst
thing I can think of is that you get free airfare and have to out-of-pocket
a German vacation.

I'd be curious to know how they got your name? Can that source point to the
legitimacy of the company involved?

How's your passport? I suspect you've decided, already, to go <vbg>.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

P.S. Kathi, was the red-flag reference an East-German-type pun?

<snip>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=