Re: Marvel at my stupidity

Subject: Re: Marvel at my stupidity
From: John Ryan <jr -at- SEATTLELAB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:55:04 -0700

Hi all

A Monk Swimming is actually the name of a book by Malachi McCourt (brother
of the author of Angela's Ashes)...said he got the title from mishearing
that line in Hail Mary, too.

The whole nine yards, as I remember it, comes from a story involving a
cement truck driver who, upon seeing a guy fooling around with his wife,
dumped his entire load of cement into the guy's car. All nine cubic yards
of it.

Dunno if it's true. It sets off my urban legend detector. Humorous, tho.

John