Page Numbering in Word

Subject: Page Numbering in Word
From: wallace stokes <eirdr -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:35:37 PDT

In this age of environmental sensitivity, I am frequently called upon to
format rather large documents for two-sided printing. Following the
conventional style (each new chapter/section begins on a recto or right-hand
page) I frequently wind up with several blank left-had pages. These pages
should not be numbered (i.e. their number does not appear) even though they
are sequenced in the overall document count. For example, page 6 is blank;
numbering should be as follows: Page 5 numbered, Page 6 blank, Page 7
numbered. This frequently requires me to find a bottle of White-out
(believe me, usable bottles of that stuff are becoming very difficult to
find)to simply hide the numbers that Word insists upon inserting. I could
make each blank page a separate section and remove the # from the footer;
however, the document is frequently exchanged with others in electronic form
and if they add something that spills text onto a formally blank page, that
page should be numbered.
My challenge is how do I make Word number all pages except blank
even-numbered pages?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=