Re: Page Numbering in Word

Subject: Re: Page Numbering in Word
From: Megan Golding <megan -dot- golding -at- DVTSENSORS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:21:10 -0400

I agree with Nancy on this one -- I am comforted by the presence of
*something* (even just a page number) on an intentionally blank page.
Actually, I really like the US military's practice of using this disclaimer
(typed in the center of the page):

THIS PAGE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

(Yes, they write it in all CAPS, too -- how annoying!)

Megan, still wondering when the US military
will find something other than Courier fonts

> We discussed this recently -- not that it isn't
> worth it again -- and that was the first time I
> learned that blank pages "shouldn't" have numbers.
> Frankly I still don't understand why. I checked it
> out in non-tech books and, sure enough, they don't.
> But in tech documentation, esp. that published in
> binders, I prefer to see the page number. It
> reassures me that I'm not missing anything!
>
> Am I really the only one who feels that way?
> (Aarrrgh!)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=