HelpXtender trial and VB problem

Subject: HelpXtender trial and VB problem
From: Luis de Vasconcelos <louis -dot- devasconcelos -at- LIBERTY -dot- CO -dot- ZA>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:56:00 +0200

I'm testing a trial version of HelpXtender from WexTech to create an embedded help system for a Visual Basic 5/6 application.

I've analysed the application and it appears that the code has been written using the APARTMENT THREADING Moldel. Whenever I try and enable the WexTech HelpXtender control in the VB code I get a message saying:

"WexTech HelpXtender control is a single-threaded component and cannot be used in multi-threaded projects."

Will I not be able to use this tool to create help for this muli-threaded project? The programmers are not to keen on going back to single threading models.

One source has told me that HTML Help doesn't support a multi-threaded architecture? Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks