Re: Blurry graphics when printing PDF File

Subject: Re: Blurry graphics when printing PDF File
From: "Burns, Nancy" <nburns -at- BREAULT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:24:32 -0700

The current issue of Publish magazine (by Adobe) recommends that if you're
using Acrobat
Distiller to prepare a document for commercial printing, you should set
Distiller options as follows (these settings might also apply to laser
printing):

In Distiller, choose PrintOptimized from the Job Options pop-up menu.
Go to the Settings menu and choose Job Options to edit them.
Click the Compression tab.
Turn off all Bicubic Downsampling
Set the Compression pop-up menus to ZIP for color, grayscale, and monochrome
images (specifying 8-bit from the Quality pop-up menu).
Click OK and save these settings to a file. Use this file in lieu of the
default settings.

Nancy Burns
nburns -at- breault -dot- com