To mouse or not to mouse?

Subject: To mouse or not to mouse?
From: "Parker, Kami {41-1~Indianapolis}" <KAMI -dot- PARKER -at- ROCHE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:18:59 -0400

I have been lurking and learning for awhile and the time has come to seek
your advice.

As you know, recent discussions have included the use versus utilize debate
and the creation or perpetuation of techno-speak jargon. So as fate would
have it, I just received a similar edit to a draft and I am interested in
your thoughts, ideas, or experience. (Notice how I slipped that serial comma
in there.) Here goes:

Original: Scroll over the bar to view detailed data about the graph. (The
function-"ality" is similar to a tool-tip.)
Proposed: Mouse over the bar.....

I looked in the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications and
even though it describes "using mouse verbs correctly" it doesn't provide
any correct or incorrect examples of using Mouse as the verb. I also looked
in the archives for an answer but what I found dealt with the "mouse" verbs
of move and click but not mouse as the verb. I am not crazy about the
proposed revision, although it does make sense, and I am not married to
scroll. What do you think?

I am relatively new to the list so bygones if this has already been hashed
out.

Thanks,
Kami

Kami Parker