Re: FrontPage replacement?

Subject: Re: FrontPage replacement?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:39:04 -0400

I use SoftQuad's HoTMetaL Pro v5. Make sure you get the bug fixes <grin>.
This software has an easy to use tags view, as well as WYSIWYG and code
view. Site management seems less powerful than FrontPage and the
functionality of the omnipresent extensions are not there, but then neither
is a tonne of autogenerated, autocorrected (actually, autochanged, FP's
autocorrect is sometimes wrong<g>) HTML. Http://www.sq.com.

Hotmetal does not crash my system and can be used pretty easily to type
code, as well as in WYSISWYG view. I like it, it's pretty simple.
Documentation is poorly done, but how's FP's included book? I'd love to be
able to spring for DreamWeaver, though . . .. I'd get GoLive but I'm not
sure I want the associated TrueType font and printer driver woes <honking
big laugh . . . it's Friday!).

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=