Re: FrontPage replacement?

Subject: Re: FrontPage replacement?
From: Terry Barron <tbarron -at- SYSTEMS -dot- DHL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:56:19 -0700

I really like Dreamweaver.

In addition to powerful formatting tools, it has great site management
features and a pretty good spell checker. It can produce multiple
versions of pages to accommodate both v3 and v4 browsers; and it can
make pages that detect which version to present to the reader.
(....and the timeline scripting feature -- WOW!)

You can use it with existing webpages; it won't overwrite old html
code, without asking first. If it finds errors in existing html code
(such as missing end tags), it gives you an alert message.

FWIW, I tried PageMill and I did not like it at all.

Macromedia offers a full-featured 30-day trial version:
http://www.macromedia.com/software/dreamweaver/trial/

~~~ Terry

David Slonosky wrote:

> Hello. i'm looking into getting an intranet development and > maintenance
tool > which is hopefully

> * more powerful
> * less reliant on Microsoft server extensions
> * as automated as FrontPage for uploading changes in files
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=