Subject: [techwr-l] RE: That raise and promotion
From: LDurway -at- pav -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:39:05 -0500

If there's a chapter of the STC in your area, get the salary survey. (If
you're not a member, join.) The STC in my area (Austin) is very useful
because it gives salary stats broken down per various factors: years of
experience, variety of responsibilities, size of writing group, and so on.
I always circle my subgroup in each chart & give copies to my boss & to HR,
thus providing them with a good idea of where my skills/pay fall in the
local market. Of course, if the statistics indicate that your pay is way
above average for your skills/responsibility, you may not want to give
copies of the salary survey to your boss & HR....

Lindsey

As a leading service provider to technical writers, we are proud to sponsor

Rely on ForeignExchange for responsive and professional
software localization and technical translation services.

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com

From